Thursday, November 10, 2011

Crossed Review



Crossed By Ally Condie (Matched Trilogy #2)



Summary:
The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Where I got it: Pre-ordered it

What I gave it: 3/5 Stars

My thought:
Crossed was an ABSOLUTE let down from Matched! This book had so much more potential, and it was a total snoozefest! Crossed picked up right where Matched left off, and honestly it it seemed like it went absolutely no where. I get that this is the middle book, and that it's the bridge between the first and third book, but she could have brought so much more action in the landscape the characters are in. Besides the lack in action, I will give Condie some points in the character department with the new ones. There are four new characters introduced to us in Crossed and Condie did a fairly good job in creating them, and giving us a bit about how and why the characters ended up in the tangles of Crossed. In Crossed, we learn new secrets about both the characters Ky, Cassia, and even Xander although he has about only 7 pages of a cameo in the book. It's narrated by both Ky and Cassia, which was great, but I found myself looking back at the beginning of the chapter to see which persons view it was because honestly Cassia's and Ky's voice sounded to alike! I actually liked Ky's narration better because for a few chapters Cassia get's whiny and it annoyed the heck out of me! All I know is that the next book better be sooo much more or some fans (like me!) will be irate! I would put more in my review, but since this is a new release (and it is already kinda long..) and know some people haven't read it so I'm going to shut it! This book wasn't for me, but I hope others will enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment