Monday, August 8, 2011

Blood Magic Review

Blood Magic By Tessa Gratton
Find it on Goodreads:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8715032-blood-magic
Find it on Amazon:

Summary
 It starts off simply.
Draw a circle ... place a dead leaf in the center ... sprinkle some salt ... recite a little Latin ... add a drop of blood ...
Maybe that last part isn't exactly simple. Yet somehow it feels right to Silla Kennicott. And nothing in her life has felt remotely right since her parents' horrific deaths. She's willing to do anything to uncover the truth about her family—even try a few spells from the mysterious book that arrived on her doorstep ... and spill some blood.
The book isn't the only recent arrival in Silla's life. There's Nick Pardee, the new guy next door who may have seen Silla casting a spell. She's not sure what he saw and is afraid to find out. But as they spend more time together, Silla realizes this may not be Nick's first encounter with Blood Magic. Brought together by a combination of fate and chemistry, Silla and Nick can't deny their attraction. And they can't ignore the dark presence lurking nearby—waiting to reclaim the book and all its power.
Tessa Gratton's intoxicating first novel will keep pulses racing, minds reeling, and pages turning right up to the very last drop of blood.


What I gave it: 4.5/5 Four point Five outta Five!

Where I got it: My Local library

My Thoughts:
  This was one of those books that switched back and forth between narrators: Silla, Nick and Josephine's Diary ... And here's the weird thing I really Liked the Book, BUT.. I didn't like Silla's point of view! I like her Character, I love her story.. But for some reason I think the Book would have been better from JUST nick's view... The bad part is I don't even know why or how to explain this, because its not that I didn't like her, I did. This poor girl looses BOTH her parents, the whole town calls her family crazy and she handles it all VERY well. Besides the fact that she hangs out in a cemetery kind of a lot, she's smart and funny! I can't wait to see where the next book goes in this series!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this book also. It is one I read before I started my blog. I would love to read it again so I can review it. Just can't find the time. LOL!

    Nice review!

    ~Krisitn @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete