Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (July 12)

Teaser Tuesdays (July 12)
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Nevermore

My teaser:
"I mean look at this!" she said, bringing Isobel's hand to her nose, scrutinizing the numbers as though they spelled some hidden message. "It probably means you've made his death list or something. I mean, the guy is a total Trench Coat Mafia wacko." Isobel detached her wrist from Nikki's grasp once more and leveled a mordant stare at her friend. "Nikki, are you kidding me? It's a Phone number." "Yeah, I know. That's what I'm saying. You got hit on by Lurch, and now he's going to leave dead animals on your porch and cyber-stalk your Facebook page!"
pg. 15 Nevermore By Kelly Creagh
I know this is a little more then normal but this scene cracks me up!

 Enclave

Rachel's Teaser:
Enclave (Razorland #1) By Ann Aguirre
"There were different kinds of strength. I knew that now. It didn't always come from a knife or a willingness to fight. Sometimes it came from endurance, where the well ran deep and quiet. Sometimes it came from compassion and forgiveness."
I like this quote because it's so true, plus I'm for all the characters that are all badass then they finally have the thought that there are other types of bravery. (:

10 comments:

  1. Both of those books have caught my attention before. Thanks for the TT on both! LoL, I do have to wonder whether the those girls are even old enough to know about the Trench Coat Mafia! Man, even saying that dates me ^_~

    New follower ^_^

    Here's mine: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday.html

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol- I was thinking the same thing Trench Coat Mafia lol is old school... Like us I guess!- Thanks for stopping by sinn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read Nevermore, but now I really want to know who this Trench Coat Mafia guy is!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful teasers.
    My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesdays-my-book-teaser-is-from-in-her-wake.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. These both look so good! Thanks for sharing!

    Here is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser. I really want to read Enclave.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marjie,

    Thanks a bunch for stopping by my blog and following. Am now a follower of your blog too. I loved Nevermore and can't wait for the sequel. Never read Enclave though. Maybe I should check it out.

    Thanks again and Happy Reading:)

    Felicia @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both the teasers! I'm dying to read Evermore.

    http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete