Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Iron King Review

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa



Find it on Amazon:
The Iron King (Harlequin Teen) 


Summary:
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny--one she could never have imagined...

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school...or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth-- that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face...and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

What I gave it: 5/5 five out of five! :'DD

Where I got it: eBook

My thoughts:
This book has become my favorite stories about fae, because this story just sucked me in and hasn't let me out. When I finished this book I ran to my dad asking for the credit card right then and there because I literally needed the next book The Iron Daughter. The Iron King was written beautifully, I found my self laughing at certain quotes, and at the same time going awww. The heroine of this story is also down to earth, and not all over the super hot guy that she travels with (unlike some books when that's all they think about). Meghan would honestly be the type of girl you'd find in my school, and she relates to me sort of, especial since she had animals like myself (I have a Buffalo, yes I know isn't she dangerous? No mine thinks she's an over size dog. I am not kidding you). Also, I think I'm in love also. His name is a Ash, and he's a fictional!!! Why can't guys actually be like this?! And the way the author describes him sounds like my type of dream guy! I mean he's heroic, but not clingy! Perfect!!

-Rachel(:



No comments:

Post a Comment