Monday, July 18, 2011

Angel Burn Review


Angel Burn (Angel Trilogy #1) by L.A Weatherly



Summery:
Willow knows she’s different from other girls, and not just because she loves tinkering with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into the future and know people’s dreams and hopes, their sorrows and regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where this power comes from. But the assassin, Alex, does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows more about Willow than Willow herself. He knows that her powers link to dark and dangerous forces, and that he’s one of the few humans left who can fight them. When Alex finds himself falling in love with his sworn enemy, he discovers that nothing is as it seems, least of all good and evil. In the first book in an action-packed, romantic trilogy, L..A. Weatherly sends readers on a thrill-ride of a road trip - and depicts the human race at the brink of a future as catastrophic as it is deceptively beautiful.

They’re out for your soul . . . and they don’t have heaven in mind.

What I gave it: 5/5 five out of five!!! ohmygosh I loved this book!!!

Where I got it: eBook

My thoughts:
The summery sums it up exactly, this book was awesome!! A lot of the angel books we read now, (like the Fallen series by Lauren Kate) there are some good angels and the bad angels in the story. Well, in this book the majority are evil!!! Not like muhaha evil more like the 'I'm going to eat your soul om nom nom' type thing (excuse my immaturity I had no idea how to put it!!). But yes this book raised the bar for me with angel book. I think that Alex and Willow complemented each other very well, if one had a fault the other had a strength in that area.The characters are very 3-D also. Weatherly did a great job in creating these characters, We knew their back ground and everything. The only problem I had in this book was the back and forth views. The views would ping pong back every few pages or even paragraphs btween 3 different people and was confusing sometime. But over all I would recomend this book for people who are fans of Casandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments series and the Fallen Series by Lauren Kate.
-Rachel(:




No comments:

Post a Comment